This is perhaps one of the biggest challenge faced by aspiring online solopreneurs simply because we are living in an era where there is more abundance than anyone could have ever imagined 20 years ago, the business opportunities are countless.
(specially if you are a multipotentialite, creative, multi-passionate, experienced professional)
The problem is which one should you pick?
My intention with this guide is to help you become more aware about yourself so that you are in a much better position to decide.
is to take a look at the opportunities available in the market and pick one or more based on the numbers, I.e. revenue & profit.
- Amazon FBA
- eBook Publishing
- YouTube Channel
- Affiliate Marketing
- (and the list goes on)
This is the WRONG approach!
And I call it the OUTSIDE In approach.
A better approach would be to utilize the…
INSIDE Out Approach
- It becomes easy for you to have Clarity on the kind of business you would like to build as an online solopreneur.
- You feel naturally in Alignment with your business.
- You are pulled to take action daily.
(because solopreneurship is a “solo” journey and it is difficult to pursue if you have not identified your sweet spot)
You can do this by…
of your own:
- Skills: That you currently have & those which you can develop.
- Passions: Let’s just call it Burning desire, it could be:
- Helping others
- Example: Online Business / Solopreneurship
- Answer this in as much detail as possible. Write the reasons down.
- Example: Online Business / Solopreneurship
- Personality Traits
- How do you currently identify yourself?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- The more you know about yourself, the better.
5. Likes & Dislikes
- There are always things you like doing or wanted to do vs something you despise. What are those things?
- What brings joy, happiness & fulfillment to you?
- You are designing a business and lifestyle for yourself while making a business out of it so it’s extremely important that you recognize the things which you enjoy and feel fulfilled while doing them. Otherwise it will just become too boring, mundane and you will quit before you know it.
- What is meaningful work to you? How do you define it?
- What are your top emotional needs? and how doing this work is going to fulfill / address them?
- What are your Values, Ethics & Principles?
- Over Delivery
- Client Results
- In Time Response
- High Level of Professionalism
- Exceptional Customer Service
- In Time Product/Service Delivery
- Personal Standards: certain things you will do and never do, e.g:
- Never retire
- Never depend on others
- Solution oriented
- Always have faith in Allah
- Always take 100% ownership & responsibility
- Never give my products / solutions / courses / community access / coaching for free to anyone
- Intended Lifestyle
- Do you have a clear visionfor the kind of life you intend to create as a result of pursuing online solopreneurship?
- How much time you want to invest now to build a business which can give you time ROI in the future. In other words, how much time independence you want to have? (what’s your desired outcome)
- Location Independence: Since you are pursuing online solopreneurship, would you like to live where you are now, or do you have a specific location in mind or would you live in different locations?
- Income Goal: How much is enough now to allow comfortable living (with depreciation, inflation taken into account)
(Before your mind tells you to stop imagining, allow me to share with your that I have been in entrepreneurship since 2008, travelled to 15 countries, lived in 3, at the time of writing this, I’m living in Islamabad and I started professionally as a telesales agent. So whatever your current situation, it doesn’t have to be a life sentence. Only you can change it)
11. Overall Life Theme
- We are creatures of habit and even in our profession, some things keep recurring, you have to look and see what are those recurring themes.
P.S. If you would like to learn how to get more clarity on your solopreneur business journey, here are 2 ways I can help:
- 1:1 Coaching
Schedule a 1:1 clarity coaching session with me where I will help you get clarity on your unique solopreneur journey by mapping out a custom plan for you based on your life story. To schedule your session, click here.
- Lifestyle Leaders Club
Consider joining Lifestyle Leaders Club, my online community where I help aspiring and struggling online solopreneurs build & grow their own unique, purpose driven online lifestyle business in alignment with their natural strengths. To learn more about LLC, click here.